EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
Building a Popular Mobillization to Defeat Greek Fascism
'The only way to defeat the Golden Dawn and Greek fascism is through popular mobilization that persuades Greek working people and the middle class that democracy and social change can create a just economy'
Three leaders of Greece's extreme right wing Golden Dawn Party have been released on bail after being arrested and charged with murder, money laundering, blackmail, and illegal possession of firearms, among other charges. The crackdown on Golden Dawn follows the assassination of 34-year-old rapper Pavlos Fyssas.
Now joining The Real News Network to discuss this is Costas Lapavitsas. He's a professor of economics at the University of London School of Oriental and African Studies. He teaches the political economy of finance. He's a regular columnist for The Guardian.