Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Understanding the Sequester with David Sirota
What happens if sequestering, or budget cuts, occur? Conservatives may have you believing such a thing will mean the end of days! But that's not the case. David Sirota explains that the sequester may mean some amount of curtailing of defense spending. How could Republicans, who argue government spending can't create jobs, say that defense spending cuts would kill jobs? On what grounds can they have it both ways, and what will actually happen if defense spending were cut?