EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- A Distinction Without A Difference: Koch Bros Work to Distance Themselves From The (Unpopular, Expensive Etc) Shutdown They Orchestrated
- Are Utility Companies Out to Destroy Solar's 'Rooftop Revolution'?
- Ha Ha! Waterboarding! War Crimes! Shooting People in the Face! Hell Yeah! Fellow Sociopaths Have A Merry Old Time Roasting Dick Cheney, the Sociopathiest of Them All
- How Redistribution to the Rich Has Broken the Back of America
- Their Real Goal: To Make Us All So Cynical About Government, We Give Up
Today's Top News
Understanding the Sequester with David Sirota
What happens if sequestering, or budget cuts, occur? Conservatives may have you believing such a thing will mean the end of days! But that's not the case. David Sirota explains that the sequester may mean some amount of curtailing of defense spending. How could Republicans, who argue government spending can't create jobs, say that defense spending cuts would kill jobs? On what grounds can they have it both ways, and what will actually happen if defense spending were cut?