EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Great American Class War
- Movement Rises to Kick 'Corporate Reform' Out of Public Schools
- If Nelson Mandela Really Had Won, He Wouldn't Be Seen as a Universal Hero
- Let's Get This Straight: AIG Execs Got Bailout Bonuses, but Pensioners Get Cuts
- Seven Ripoffs That Capitalists Would Like to Keep out of the Media
Today's Top News
Watch a City-Sized Glacier Collapse
Awe-Inspiring Excerpt from the Movie Chasing Ice
The makers of the movie Chasing Ice were able to capture on film the largest ice calving ever witnessed by humans (so far, but that might not last the way things are going with our planet's climate). It was the Jakobshavn Glacier (aka Ilulissat Glacier) in Western Greenland. The apocalyptic event lasted for more than an hour and when things stabilized, the glacier had retreated a full mile across a calving face three miles wide.