EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Radioactive Fukushima Water Headed for US West Coast
- Movement Rises to Kick 'Corporate Reform' Out of Public Schools
- If Nelson Mandela Really Had Won, He Wouldn't Be Seen as a Universal Hero
- Let's Get This Straight: AIG Execs Got Bailout Bonuses, but Pensioners Get Cuts
Today's Top News
Freedom to Connect: Aaron Swartz (1986-2013) on Victory to Save Open Internet, Fight Online Censors
Cyber activist and computer programmer Aaron Swartz took his life on Friday at the age of 26. This is an address of Swartz’s from last May where he speaks about the battle to defeat the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA — a campaign he helped lead.
"[SOPA] will have yet another name, and maybe a different excuse, and probably do its damage in a different way. But make no mistake: The enemies of the freedom to connect have not disappeared," Swartz said. "Next time they might just win. Let’s not let that happen."