Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Mich. Rep. Brandon Dillon Takes House to Task Over Right-to-Work
On Thursday, the Republican-controlled Michigan Legislature passed the anti-worker right-to-work bill that Gov. Rick Snyder is expected to sign into law next week.
The proposal was pushed through the House in one day without a single committee hearing and without taking a single word of testimony.
State Rep. Brandon Dillon (D-Grand Rapids) gave a rousing speech in opposition to House Bill 4054 during which he took the bill sponsors to task for "not having the guts to let the public hear what we're doing."
"This is an outrage," he said, "and anyone in this chamber who is willing to vote for a bill that changes the precedent of this state with such consequence, without even allowing us to offer a real amendment, does not deserve to be here."