EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Image of Gas Attack Against Lone Brazilian Woman Goes Viral
- Obama's 'Insider Threat' Program a 'Sweeping' Crackdown on Leakers
- Why NASA’s Latest Photo of Alaska is Freaking People Out
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Slams Surveillance State, Hails NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden
- This Really is Big Brother: The Leak Nobody's Noticed
Today's Top News
"Your Governments Have Failed You": Syrian-American Student Munira Sibai Calls For Climate Justice
Speaking on behalf of youth organizations, 19-year-old Munira Sibai criticized the actions of world leaders as she addressed the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Doha, Qatar. "Over the past two weeks, we have seen not only a complete absence of vision, but also an active effort by some to move backwards," Sibai said. "Those who have caused the climate crisis already accepted the responsibility to solve it two decades ago. Today, after 18 years of inaction, the same countries are backing away from that obligation. The foundational principle of equity is under attack."
Thumbnail photo credit: The Verb / Laura Owsianka