EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Sleepwalking to Extinction': Capitalism and the Destruction of Life and Earth
- Federal Judge Slams DoJ for Not Prosecuting Wall Street Execs
- What's Right with Sweden? Prisons Close as Demand Falls
- Sanders Goes on Offense Against Austerity with 'Progressive Budget Blueprint'
- The Stealthy Killer That Is Capitalism
Today's Top News
Gaza Ceasefire Yet to Be Decided, But Will U.S. Rein In Israeli Occupation, Blockade?
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton traveled to Jerusalem, Ramallah and Cairo today as the Israeli attack on Gaza reached its seventh day. U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is also in the region after calling for an immediate ceasefire and warning an Israeli ground operation in Gaza would be a "dangerous escalation" that must be avoided. As ceasefire talks continue in Cairo, Hamas has set two conditions for accepting a cease-fire: lifting the military blockade on the Gaza Strip and international assurances that Israel would stop assassinations and other military measures. Democracy Now! speaks with Phyllis Bennis of the Institute for Policy Studies based in Washington, D.C.