EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Rolling Jubilee Live Telethon (8pm est): A Bailout of the People by the People
The Rolling Jubilee is holding a live telethon tonight, Thursday November 15 at 8pm eastern. Watch the live stream of the event here.
The Rolling Jubilee is a new project inspired by the occupy movement, which raises money to buy debt from banks, but turns around and abolishes it.
"Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits," the organization states on its site.
The group has already raised nearly four times its stated goal of $50,000, which alone could erase up to $1 million worth of debt.