EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet
- Scared to Death in the USA
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
Today's Top News
Robert Reich on the Fiscal Cliff: ‘We’re Back to Where We Were Before the Election’
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, a professor at UC Berkeley’s Goldman School of Public Policy, assesses the latest from House Speaker John Boehner and the GOP when it comes to the so-called fiscal cliff and the looming expiration date of the Bush tax cuts with “Viewpoint” host Eliot Spitzer.
“There is a core — and a very significant core — to the Republican Party that simply will not raise taxes under any circumstances,” Reich says. “They’re not going to go along even if Boehner wants them to go along.”