EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Patent Filing Claims Solar Energy ‘Breakthrough’
- Disaster Capitalism Strikes as Hedge Funds Circle Near-Bankrupt Municipalities Like Vultures
- Ignoring Bee Crisis, EPA Greenlights New 'Highly Toxic' Pesticide
Today's Top News
Robert Reich on the Fiscal Cliff: ‘We’re Back to Where We Were Before the Election’
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, a professor at UC Berkeley’s Goldman School of Public Policy, assesses the latest from House Speaker John Boehner and the GOP when it comes to the so-called fiscal cliff and the looming expiration date of the Bush tax cuts with “Viewpoint” host Eliot Spitzer.
“There is a core — and a very significant core — to the Republican Party that simply will not raise taxes under any circumstances,” Reich says. “They’re not going to go along even if Boehner wants them to go along.”