EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
Today's Top News
Bernie Sanders on More Tax Breaks for the Wealthy: 'Obscene, Immoral, Bad Economics'
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) talks to “Viewpoint” host Eliot Spitzer about news that Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has axed a fledgling plan to avoid the fiscal cliff because it includes tax cuts for the wealthy.
“The bottom line here is that more tax breaks for the wealthy, when we have such wealth and income inequality in America today, is not only obscene, … not only immoral, it is really bad economics,” Sanders says. He goes on to criticize Paul Ryan’s budget for its “devastating cuts” to Medicare and Medicaid.
“What kind of moral outlook throws children, poor children, off of health insurance in order to give tax breaks to billionaires?” Sanders asks of Ryan’s budget. “If Joe can’t decimate this guy, I would be very surprised.”