EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Patent Filing Claims Solar Energy ‘Breakthrough’
- Disaster Capitalism Strikes as Hedge Funds Circle Near-Bankrupt Municipalities Like Vultures
- Ignoring Bee Crisis, EPA Greenlights New 'Highly Toxic' Pesticide
Today's Top News
Elections Judge Takes on Voter ID Ruling: ‘I Absolutely Intend not to Enforce this Outrageous Law’
Christopher Broach, an elections judge in Delaware County, Pa., and Mike Papantonio, host of “Ring of Fire” and president of the National Trial Lawyers Association, join “Viewpoint” host Eliot Spitzer to react to news that a Pennsylvania judge has cleared the way for a restrictive voter ID law to be put into effect for Election Day.
“This is what happens when political hacks dress up in black robes and call themselves judges,” Papantonio says. “This judge had everything he needed in the way of evidence, in the way of testimony, to grant a restraining order enjoining the enforcement of this Republican voter scam.”
Broach is prepared to defy the law in his role as an elections official on Nov. 6.
“I’ve had a few radio show hosts actually say that they hope that I go to jail,” Broach says. “They actually suggested to me that they thought that Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks actually wanted to go to jail. I mean, that made my resolve even stronger.”