EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Trillion Dollar Tax Havens, Inequality and Recession
James Henry Pt2: Vast amounts of money avoid taxes and productive investment
This is the second part in a series of interviews about offshore tax havens. Somewhere between 20 and 30 trillions of dollars, says a new study, is being stashed in these various tax havens to avoid tax, primarily.
James Henry is an economist, an attorney and an investigative journalist. He was a chief economist at the international consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. And he's the lead researcher of this report, titled The Price of Offshore Revisited. He's also a global board member of the Tax Justice Network.
Watch full multipart Major Banks Help Clients Hide Trillions in Offshore Tax Havens