EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
Omar Jadwat: Can Racial Profiling Be Stopped?
Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio has long been in the national spotlight for his heavy-handed approach to immigration enforcement. Now, a number of groups have taken him to court for what they say are discriminatory practices that result in racial profiling in the Grand Canyon state. Omar Jadwat, Senior Staff Attorney with the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project, tells Laura Flanders the stakes involved in the lawsuit, and how activists can take on racially discriminatory policing nationwide.