EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Is Rio+20 the Future of Corporate Profits?
Environmentalists have dubbed the Rio+20 conference as embarrassing and meaningless, with the leaders of the US, Britain and Germany snubbing the summit. In contrast, multinational corporations are well represented, leading some to wonder whether in the push to attract so-called corporate stakeholders to the environmental cause, the UN summit has become less about the future of the planet than about the future of corporate profits. Guests: Rick Piltz, Nnimmo Bassey, Daniel Morris.