Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Wells Fargo Profiting From For-Profit Prisons
The US prison system is notorious and lately there has been a major shift in privatizing facilities within the industry. Currently, one out of every 100 Americans is behind bars, making the US the country with the highest incarnation rates in the world. The prison industrial complex has a vested interest in keeping people locked up. Wells Fargo is one of the companies that is profiting for the practice and Axel Caballero, founder of Cuentame, joins us with more on the prison industrial complex.