EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What's Right with Sweden? Prisons Close as Demand Falls
- "Unreasonable Force" In Chicago Evidently Does Not Mean A Probably Drunk Cop Killing An Unarmed Guy Lying On the Ground By Shooting Him 16 Times
- The Revolutionaries in Our Midst
- 'Trust Us': World's Most Perilous Nuclear Operation Set To Begin
- The Dynastic Hillary Bandwagon: Bad for America
Today's Top News
Christmas Presents for Bankers
As 2009 comes to a close, we take a look at the state of the U.S.
economy with economist dean Baker and the Reverend Jesse Jackson.
“After throwing the economy into the worst downturn since the Great
Depression and bringing the whole sector to the edge of collapse, the
financial industry has used its political power to succor itself back
to life,” Baker writes. “It is now stronger than ever.”
© 2009 Democracy Now!