Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Christmas Presents for Bankers
As 2009 comes to a close, we take a look at the state of the U.S.
economy with economist dean Baker and the Reverend Jesse Jackson.
“After throwing the economy into the worst downturn since the Great
Depression and bringing the whole sector to the edge of collapse, the
financial industry has used its political power to succor itself back
to life,” Baker writes. “It is now stronger than ever.”
© 2009 Democracy Now!