Not Receiving Your Email?
Are you subscribed to one of Common Dreams Newsletters but are not receiving it? It could be due to one of several reasons. Here are some suggestions for fixing the problem.
First, check to make sure your ISP is not blocking our address. Look in your spam filter, and if your Common DreamsNewsletter is not there, contact your ISP and request they either remove the block on firstname.lastname@example.org, or specifically place it on your safe list.
Second, if your Common Dreams Newsletter is in your spam filter, it means your email program has flagged email@example.com as spam. To correct this problem, you will need to add our email to your safe list. Here are the safe listing instructions for some popular email programs:
Add Common Dreams Newsletter "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders list:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
4. In the Add address, enter email@example.com
5. Click OK.
New Subscribers: Add Common Dreams Newsletter "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book:
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
4. Paste email@example.com into the "Other E-Mail" field.
5. Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
6. Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is in your AOL Spam Folder, please open the issue and then click the This Is Not Spam button.
New Subscribers: You will need to set up a filter to redirect our newsletter into your inbox:
1. Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
2. Select Filters (bottom left corner).
3. Click the Add link on the Filters page.
4. Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and firstname.lastname@example.org (This tells Yahoo! to identify our newsletter based on its "From" address.
5. Click the Choose Folder pull-down menu and select inbox.
6. Pick the Add Filter button.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is getting stuck in your Yahoo! Bulk Folder, please open the issue and click the Not Spam button. Next, check to see if the newsletter's email address is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see email@example.com on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, please set up a filter as outlined above.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org to your Hotmail Safe List:
1. Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right corner).
2. Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
3. Select the “Safe List” link (second from bottom).
4. Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain.”
5. Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
Existing Subscribers: If our newsletter is in your Junk E-Mail Folder, open the issue and click the Not Junk button. Next, check to see if our email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add email@example.com into your Safe List as outlined above.
New Subscribers: Please add our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Gmail Contacts List:
1. Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Click Add Contact.
3. Copy and paste our "From" address, email@example.com, into the primary email address dialog box.
4. Click Save.
Existing Subscribers: How to check if our newsletter is in the "spam" folder:
1. Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. If you see GetActive Today listed among the messages in this folder, check the box next to our newsletter.
3. Click Not Spam button along the top.
New Subscribers: You will need to add our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to the safe list of your address book.
1. Click the Address Book button.
2. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
3. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
4. Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our "From" address, email@example.com, into the Email dialog box.
5. Click OK.
Add to safe list in your Personal Address Book:
1. From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
2. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
3. Under the Settings tab, update the "Safelists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull-down menu and then check the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
4. Click OK.
Existing Subscribers: Please check your Junk folder to see if our newsletter has been mistakenly placed there. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark our newsletter as "not junk." Do this by right-clicking on our newsletter and choosing "Mark -< As Not Junk."