EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NLG Calls on Atty. General Holder to Grant Compassionate Release to Lynne Stewart
WASHINGTON - September 11 - The National Lawyers Guild, and several legal and social justice organizations, today called on Attorney General Eric Holder to direct the Bureau of Prisons to grant compassionate release to Lynne Stewart, whose medical condition continues to deteriorate. Citing reforms to the Bureau of Prison’s (BOP) compassionate release program, which Holder announced to the American Bar Association in San Francisco in August 2013, the letter urges that the process of consideration be expedited, given that compassionate release was previously approved by the warden at the Federal Medical Center at Carswell, where Ms. Stewart is serving her ten-year sentence, and given that her condition clearly falls within the newly-announced standards for compassionate release.