EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NLG Calls on Atty. General Holder to Grant Compassionate Release to Lynne Stewart
WASHINGTON - September 11 - The National Lawyers Guild, and several legal and social justice organizations, today called on Attorney General Eric Holder to direct the Bureau of Prisons to grant compassionate release to Lynne Stewart, whose medical condition continues to deteriorate. Citing reforms to the Bureau of Prison’s (BOP) compassionate release program, which Holder announced to the American Bar Association in San Francisco in August 2013, the letter urges that the process of consideration be expedited, given that compassionate release was previously approved by the warden at the Federal Medical Center at Carswell, where Ms. Stewart is serving her ten-year sentence, and given that her condition clearly falls within the newly-announced standards for compassionate release.