EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Drone Victims Give Press Conference
WASHINGTON - June 5 - Victims of drone strikes from North Waziristan, Pakistan, will tomorrow (Thursday 6 June) hold a press conference in Islamabad, along with their lawyer, Shahzad Akbar.
Mr Akbar and his clients will be discussing their call for the new Pakistani Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif, to implement a recent court ruling demanding that Pakistan’s Government acts to end drone strikes, which are carried out by the CIA in the country.
The ruling was handed down last month by the Peshawar High Court.
WHO: Victims of CIA drone strikes in Pakistan; their lawyer, Shahzad Akbar
WHAT: Press conference calling on the Prime Minister to implement court ruling to stop drone strikes
WHERE: National Press Club, Islamabad, Pakistan
WHEN: Thursday 6 June, 16:00 (local time)