For Immediate Release
“Save Our News” Coalition To Protest Potential Koch Brother Takeover Of Tribune Company Newspapers in 12 Cities
Local and National Groups Mobilize for National Day of Action to Save the Tribune Company Newspapers from the Koch Brothers
WASHINGTON - Today, a coalition of local and national groups will deliver petition signatures from individuals opposed to the takeover of the Tribune papers by the climate-denying Koch brothers due to their continued investment to mislead the public to benefit their self-interests. Nationally, the coalition has collected more than more than 500,000 signatures, and will deliver them in 12 cities to publications owned by and investors in the Tribune Company.
What: Delivery of over 500,000 strong petition in 12 cities to save the Tribune Company Newspapers from the Koch brothers. Rally atmosphere with activists, signs and spokespeople from the groups involved.
Who: The groups that are part of the over six million-strong “Save our News” coalition, and who will be participating in the national day of action, include: Forecast the Facts, Courage Campaign, AFL-CIO, Climate Reality Project, Common Cause, CREDO, Daily Kos, Democracy For America, Free Press, Greenpeace, The Other 98, Progress Florida, SEIU, United New York, and Working Families.
Where and When: Wednesday, May 29th, 2013
· Los Angeles: 12pm at the LA Times, 202 W. 1st St. Los Angeles, CA 90012.
· Chicago: 12pm at the Chicago Tribune, 435 N Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60611
· New York City: 12:30pm at the office of Tribune investor Angelo Gordon, 245 Park Avenue.
· Hartford: 12pm at the Hartford Current, 285 Broad St.
· Ft Lauderdale: 4pm at the Ft Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, 500 E Broward Blvd.
· Baltimore: 11am at the Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street.
· St. Louis: 1 p.m. at KPLR 11, 2250 Ball Drive
· Harrisburg, Penn.: 12pm at WPMY Fox 43, 2001 N. Front St.
· Washington, D.C.: 12pm at WDCW, 2121 Wisconsin Ave. NW
· Houston, TX: 12pm at KIAH-TV, 7700 Westpark Drive
· Boston, MA: 12:30 p.m. at JP Morgan Chase, 1 International Place
· Denver, CO: 11am at KWGN, 100 East Speer Blvd., Denver
More information on the day of action: http://www.freepress.net/koch-day-of-action
See a full copy of all 500,000+ signatures from participating groups here: http://bit.ly/kochpetitions
For more information, or to connect with a spokesperson from one of the groups, please contact Molly Haigh at firstname.lastname@example.org / (907) 750-1999 or Pedro Morillas at email@example.com / (202) 789-7756.