EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Fuel Removal From Fukushima's Reactor 4 Threatens 'Apocalyptic' Scenario
- Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight
- Let’s Get This Class War Started
- Absent Progressive Uproar, Social Security and Medicare Face Axe
- Russell Brand: 'Revolution Is Coming... I Ain't Got a Flicker of Doubt'
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lisa Jackson: A Fierce, Tireless Champion of our Health and Environment
NRDC: Unfinished Agenda Begins with Carbon Limits on Power Plants
WASHINGTON - December 27 - The following is a statement from Frances Beinecke, President of the Natural Resources Defense Council, on the announced resignation of Lisa Jackson, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency:
“There has been no fiercer champion of our health and our environment than Lisa Jackson, and every American is better off today than when she took office nearly four years ago. For that, we are deeply grateful to Lisa for her service, and to President Obama for having appointed her to this vital position.
“Lisa leaves giant shoes to fill. And her successor will inherit an unfinished agenda that begins with the issuance of new health protections against carbon pollution from existing power plants—the largest remaining driver of climate change that needs to be controlled.”