EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Wave of Black Friday Strikes Kicks Off as Walmart CEO Steps Down
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Daniel Kessler, 350.org, 1-510-501-1779, firstname.lastname@example.org; May Boeve, 350.org, email@example.com, 707-815-0054
Statement from 350.org's Executive Director May Boeve on President Obama's Comments on Climate Change
WASHINGTON - November 14 - President Obama made several statements today in his news conference about his willingness to tackle the climate crisis. 350.org is helping to lead a rally at the White House this Sunday over the Keystone XL pipeline. 350.org Executive Director May Boeve issued the following statement:
"The climate silence is broken, and now the President can show us he's serious with a decision already on his desk: rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline. The pipeline would unlock so much carbon that climate scientists say, if it were built, it would be ‘game over’ for the climate.
“The president can stop this dangerous pipeline with his pen, and if he does, the American people will support him. This pipeline is not in the national interest.”