EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- NSA Whistleblower Revealed: Q&A with Edward Snowden
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- 'Reprehensible, Reckless, Illegal': Washington Officials Slam Heroic NSA Surveillance Leaker
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Obama Administration to Ramp up Drilling in Arctic Ocean
Interior Department released its 5-year offshore drilling plan
WASHINGTON - June 29 - The following is a statement from Jamie Rappaport Clark, president and CEO of Defenders of Wildlife:
“Despite presiding over the worst oil disaster in U.S. history and on the heels of green lighting Shell’s exploration in Arctic waters this summer, the Obama administration is now planning additional leasing in one of the most pristine, but least understood waters in the world without basic scientific information about its wildlife. Apparently, the lesson from BP’s Deepwater Horizon oil spill has not soaked in to the Obama administration -- there’s no foolproof way to drill safely in remote, environmentally sensitive areas like the Arctic Ocean.”