EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- 'Beyond Orwellian': Outrage Follows Revelations of Vast Domestic Spying Program
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- Naomi Klein: 'Anti-Shock Doctrines' Show the Way to Resist
- NSA Whistleblower Revealed: Q&A with Edward Snowden
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Progress 2050 Releases New Infographic: Who voted for the DREAM Act?
WASHINGTON - June 19 - Today Progress 2050 released an infographic showing who voted for the DREAM Act in 2010 in the House and Senate after President Barack Obama’s announcement last Friday on a new immigration policy that will allow some undocumented students to receive work authorization and avoid deportation.
Recent conservative commentators have argued, however, that President Obama should have passed the DREAM Act when his party controlled the House and Senate. But the infographic below shows those commentators are rewriting history: The bill was brought up for a vote in 2010 but conservatives filibustered it in the Senate.
Here is who voted for and against the DREAM Act in 2010 in the House and in the Senate.