EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Federal Money on the Rise in Florida, Nevada
National Priorities Project looks at how federal dollars are currently spent
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. - January 30 - As the 2012 presidential election moves forward and another federal budget cycle begins, National Priorities Project (NPP) offers a look at how federal dollars are currently spent in Florida and Nevada, sites of the next two presidential primary contests.
An on-line briefing reveals that between 2009 and 2010:
- The percentage of federal money in Florida and Nevada state budgets rose
- State residents also saw an increase in direct federal assistance dollars
NPP's full datasets on Federal Tax Collection and Federal Aid to Individuals show how much individuals and businesses in every state pay in federal taxes and how much they receive in direct federal assistance. The database also has county-level spending information for specific programs like Medicare and Social Security.