EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
U.S. Chamber Launches Distortion Campaign on Keystone XL Pipeline
NRDC: It's Time to Come Clean with the American People
WASHINGTON - January 12 - The following is a statement by Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, in response to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s disinformation campaign on the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline:
“We welcome the Chamber to the debate. But, instead of perpetuating Big Oil's myths, let’s all square with the American people on what the pipeline will do — and will not do.
“Rather than bringing us energy security, it will transport dirty Canadian oil through America's heartlands--for delivery to China and other countries. Rather than bringing us prosperity, it will leave us with a legacy of poisoned lands and waters. All for, at most, 100 permanent jobs?
“That’s the Faustian Bargain the U.S. Chamber and TransCanada would foist on the American people. And it's the ugly truth that no well-funded industry campaign can hide.