Get News & Views Updates
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bolivia's Morales Calls for New Era of 'Peace and Unity' to Break Greed of Capitalism
- What If All the World’s Debt Just Went Away
- Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'Mr. President, I am Disappointed'
- 8 Deficit Reducers That Are More Ethical—And More Effective—Than the 'Chained CPI'
- Obama Will Ride to the Rescue... for Republicans
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AT&T Finally Abandons Doomed Merger with T-Mobile
WASHINGTON - December 19 - On Monday, AT&T and T-Mobile reportedly abandoned their proposed $39 billion merger.
Free Press President and CEO Craig Aaron made the following statement:
"This deal has been as good as dead for months because the facts never matched AT&T's fabrications about the benefits of the merger. As the public, the Justice Department and the FCC long ago recognized — and now even AT&T must admit — this deal would have only meant higher prices, fewer choices and tens of thousands of lost American jobs. Good riddance. The Obama administration deserves praise and credit for standing up to AT&T's relentless lobbying and propaganda. And the American public can breathe a sigh of relief that this time the public interest trumped AT&T's self-serving attempt to kill off what little competition remains in the wireless market."