EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Report Will Show How Taxpayer Dollars Subsidize Junk Food
WASHINGTON - September 20 - WHAT: U.S.PIRG will release its new report, Apples to Twinkies, which examines how billions in taxpayer agricultural subsidies end up supporting junk food and contributes to the childhood obesity epidemic. The report is the first to make specific estimates of the amount of tax dollars going to junk food ingredients including high fructose corn syrup, and breaks down these estimates by calculating how many Twinkies, and how many apples, each taxpayer is paying for.
WHEN: 9 A.M. Eastern, Wednesday, September 21, online at www.uspirg.org.