EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
One Year after Arrest and Detention, CCR Legal Observer to Arizona Immigration Protest Files Suit against Maricopa County, Sherr
WASHINGTON - July 29 - Last night, a year after Sunita Patel, a civil rights attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights, was arrested while documenting law enforcement activity during protests against Arizona’s racist SB1070 immigration law, CCR and Patel jointly filed a lawsuit in federal court in Arizona against Maricopa County, Sherriff Joseph Arpaio, and several other officials within the Sheriff’s office on the grounds of unlawful arrest and detention, and for violating Patel’s First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendment rights during her arrest and detention.