The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Common Cause
Statement by Bob Edgar on introduction of Fair Elections Now Act
Today’s introduction of the Fair Elections Now Act offers Congress a chance to spare itself and the country from an all-consuming chase for special interest campaign contributions in 2012. By letting candidates run on a mix of small donations from individuals and matching public funds, this legislation would put participating candidates in closer touch with the people they hope to represent and break the grip big-money interests have on our political system. It’s time to get it passed.
The Fair Elections Now Act is sponsored by Senate by Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) and in the House by Reps. John Larson (D-CT), Walter Jones (R-NC) and Chellie Pingree (D-ME).