The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Citizen
SEC Executive Pay Rules Are a Key Step
Statement of Lisa Gilbert, Deputy Director of Public Citizen’s Congress Watch Division
WASHINGTON - January 25 - Today in an expected 3-2 vote, the Securities and Exchange Commission adopted important final rules on “say on pay.” Due to these rules, public companies will now need to submit their executive compensation for a non-binding shareholder vote.
Public Citizen applauds this as an important step following the passage of Wall Street reform legislation.
Investors who own shares in a company should have a say in the compensation of their executives and on the golden parachutes given to departing CEOs.
This rulemaking is a key step in the right direction toward stopping the billion-dollar bonuses that incentivize risk and destabilize our economy.