EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Public Citizen
SEC Executive Pay Rules Are a Key Step
Statement of Lisa Gilbert, Deputy Director of Public Citizen’s Congress Watch Division
WASHINGTON - January 25 - Today in an expected 3-2 vote, the Securities and Exchange Commission adopted important final rules on “say on pay.” Due to these rules, public companies will now need to submit their executive compensation for a non-binding shareholder vote.
Public Citizen applauds this as an important step following the passage of Wall Street reform legislation.
Investors who own shares in a company should have a say in the compensation of their executives and on the golden parachutes given to departing CEOs.
This rulemaking is a key step in the right direction toward stopping the billion-dollar bonuses that incentivize risk and destabilize our economy.