EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
Obama, Congress and Taxes
Professor of government at Suffolk University in Boston, Berg is author of Unequal Struggle: Class, Gender, Race and Power in the U.S. Congress. He said today: "Ever since the Reagan administration, government policy has been making the rich richer, and working people poorer. This is not just about money, it's about power: the super-rich use the money to buy elections and candidates, making it harder and harder to reverse direction. The Obama tax deal is a bad economic stimulus (the rich won't increase their consumption), unfair -- and the so-called 'payroll tax holiday' will undermine Social Security."
See Berg's blog