EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tel: 212-633-6700 x13
Charlie Rose Opens Up the Deficit Debate
NEW YORK - November 19 - Tonight's broadcast of the
Charlie Rose Show will feature a discussion of the budget deficit with
progressive economist Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy
Research and Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.).
As FAIR's recent action alert noted (11/16/10), the Rose show's discussion of the White House deficit commission has been dominated by right-leaning guests who were supportive of the plan put forward by commission co-chairs Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson. FAIR pointed out that experts including Baker have argued that the co-chairs' report is fundamentally flawed. And Schakowsky, who is a member of the deficit commission, has put forth her own progressive plan for deficit reduction.
FAIR thanks those who wrote to the Charlie Rose Show and encouraged them to expand their guest list. And the Charlie Rose show should be commended for taking these criticisms seriously.
The fact that the program is broadening its discussion is a testament to the power of media activism.