EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ACLU Calls On Senate To Pass Paycheck Fairness Act Wednesday
Vote Is Crucial For Fairness And Economic Survival, Says ACLU
WASHINGTON - November 16 - The American Civil Liberties Union today urged Senators to vote to move forward the Paycheck Fairness Act (S. 182/S. 3772), a bill that would help women be fairly compensated for their work and give them the tools necessary to close the wage gap. A cloture vote on the Paycheck Fairness Act, a much needed update to the Equal Pay Act of 1963, is currently scheduled for this Wednesday, November 17. If the bill fails to reach the 60 votes necessary to avoid a filibuster, the Paycheck Fairness Act will be blocked from consideration on its merits, regardless of whether it is supported by a majority of the Senate. The ACLU called on Senators to support this crucial measure.