EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Understanding the Propaganda Campaign Against Public Education
- Israeli Youth: 'We Refuse to Serve in the Occupation Army'
- The Real Irish American Story Not Taught in Schools
- Evacuate the Economy (or By the Way, Your Home Is On Fire)
- Students and Faculty Reject Idea of Bush-era War Criminal as Honoree
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jenny Powers, 212-727-4566
BP Uses Gulf Drilling Permits as Bargaining Chip
NEW YORK - September 3 - According to the New York Times, BP is warning Congress that if lawmakers pass tougher regulations on offshore drilling in the Gulf, BP may not provide promised funding for clean-up.
Below is a statement from David Pettit, senior attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council:
"Apparently, BP's efforts to ‘make it right' extend no further than their bottom line.
"Petro-money may talk in Congress, but extortion is illegal in the U.S. All lawmakers need to stiffen their spines. BP's latest outrage cannot stand."