EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- The Silent Military Coup That Took Over Washington
- The 5 Most Ludicrous War Claims in Obama’s Syria Speech
- Neil Young: Tar Sands Fields 'Look Like Hiroshima'
- Syria "Expert" Cited by Kerry, McCain Fired for Lying about Academic Credentials
- After Syria Accepts, US Says Offer to Call Off War 'Rhetorical'
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
Big Polluters Funding Initiative to Gut California Environmental Law
WASHINGTON - August 13 - AP reported earlier this week:
"The Texas-based oil companies that are the primary backers of a
November ballot effort to suspend California's global warming law are
among the state's biggest polluters, according to a report issued
Tuesday by two groups advocating for inner-city residents.
"Valero Energy Corp. and Tesoro Corp. have contributed more than $4.5 million to Proposition 23, which seeks to suspend a 2006 law intended to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Their contributions represent nearly 75 percent of the funding for the initiative."
IAN KIM, via Abel Habtegeorgis
Kim is green-collar jobs campaign director for the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, one of the groups that released the new report, "Toxic Twins."