EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
Big Polluters Funding Initiative to Gut California Environmental Law
WASHINGTON - August 13 - AP reported earlier this week:
"The Texas-based oil companies that are the primary backers of a
November ballot effort to suspend California's global warming law are
among the state's biggest polluters, according to a report issued
Tuesday by two groups advocating for inner-city residents.
"Valero Energy Corp. and Tesoro Corp. have contributed more than $4.5 million to Proposition 23, which seeks to suspend a 2006 law intended to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Their contributions represent nearly 75 percent of the funding for the initiative."
IAN KIM, via Abel Habtegeorgis
Kim is green-collar jobs campaign director for the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, one of the groups that released the new report, "Toxic Twins."