Get News & Views Updates
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
No More Excuses: Time to Move Forward on Comprehensive Immigration Reform
WASHINGTON - August 12 - Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Executive Vice President Eliseo Medina released the following statement after the United States Senate reconvened on Thursday to approve $600 million in additional border security spending:
- A worker visa system that protects American workers and reflects our economy’s actual labor needs in the 21st century and beyond;
- A plan under which undocumented workers who have built up lives here can remain and eventually earn citizenship if they pay taxes, learn English, and get right with the law;
- An end to immigration backlogs that separate families;
- An accurate employer verification system that protects privacy and worker rights; and
- Improved border security.
The United States Congress has now acted in a bipartisan fashion to put more personnel and technology at the border.