The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
Maryland First to Bar Schools Releasing Tests to Military
Elder is a member of the Maryland Coalition to Protect Student Privacy in Bethesda, Maryland. He led the drive to prohibit the use of the ASVAB test for recruiting purposes in Maryland.
Jahnkow works with the Project on Youth and Non-Military Opportunities in San Diego. He spearheaded the effort to prohibit military testing for recruitment purposes in California. The campaign resulted in both houses of the California legislature passing a measure that was ultimately vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Founder and coordinator of the Coalition for Alternatives to Militarism in Our Schools in Los Angeles, Arlene led the effort to ban ASVAB testing for recruitment purposes in L.A.'s schools.