The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
International Coalition Delivers Seven Million Petition Signatures for Nuclear Abolition To UN Chair
WASHINGTON - May 4 - Media Advisory:
PHOTO OPS: Dozens of boxes of petitions, UN Chair, NGO Leaders
NEW YORK, UN (May 4, 2010)
WHAT: NGO Leaders deliver over seven million petition signatures to UN Chair of the NPT Review Conference.
WHEN: Tuesday May 4, 1:00 PM
WHERE: UN General Assembly
WHO: UN Chair of the NPT Review Conference, Ambassador Libran N. Cabactulan of the Republic of the Philippines, will receive the petitions from Mayor Luc Dehaene from Ypres; Alfred Marder, President of the International Association of Peace Messenger Cities; Hiroshi Taka, Secretary General of Gensuikyo (Japan Council against A & H Bombs); Koga Nobuaki, President, Japanese Trade Union, Rengo; Pierre Villard, Co-President, Le Mouvement de la Paix (France); Kevin Martin, Executive Director, Peace Action (US); Dave Web, Board Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND, Britain), and Reiner Braun, Program Director, International Network of Engineers and Scientists for Global Responsibility (Germany).