EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Wave of Black Friday Strikes Kicks Off as Walmart CEO Steps Down
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MADRE Partner Speaks at the Opening of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
WASHINGTON - March 3 - Monica Aleman, coordinator of MADRE's partner organization, the International Indigenous Women's Forum (FIMI), spoke at the high-level round table on the first day of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) on March 1, 2010.
Monica spoke of the importance of including Indigenous Peoples into national and international processes. In her words:
"Why are we here? We are here because we are Indigenous Peoples who are resisting; we are Indigenous Peoples who are surviving; and we are Indigenous Peoples who confronted with a complex and diverse scenario.
... we are faced with a time which offers us opportunities. We are 300 million in our people and we speak six thousand different languages. We are not victims, distinguished ministers. We are a potential that we must make use of."
To watch the video, click here.
To see live streaming from the United Nations, click here.
To see other archived videos, click here.