The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Matt Jacob 202.408.5565
Supreme Court Overturns Existing Campaign Finance Law
WASHINGTON - January 21 - Today, the Supreme Court overturned 60 years of precedent prohibiting corporations and unions from spending treasury funds to run ads endorsing or opposing candidates for federal office. CREW executive director Melanie Sloan stated, "This is a disaster for regulation of campaign spending. It means ads advocating the election or defeat of federal candidates will no longer be put out just by candidates and parties, but will now also come from corporations and unions."
Further analysis to follow.
Click here to read the Supreme Court's decision.