EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Wave of Black Friday Strikes Kicks Off as Walmart CEO Steps Down
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CARE Readies Operations in Haiti Following Devastating Earthquake
CARE has worked in Haiti since 1954, when it provided relief assistance after Hurricane Hazel. Today CARE's programming there reflects an integrated approach, with projects in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, maternal and child health, education, food security, and water and sanitation. CARE works closely with local NGOs, private companies, community organizations and the Haitian government to build local capacity and achieve sustainable development.
Among the CARE staff preparing to aid Haiti are relief workers who just last year helped the country recover from a series of hurricanes.