Get News & Views Updates
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- In Blind Poll, Republicans Choose Progressive Budget Solutions Over Their Own Party's
- Not Guilty By Virtue of Videotape, Which, Unlike the Police, Doesn't Lie
- Manning: Before Wikileaks, Leaked Docs Offered to NYT, WaPo
- Bob Woodward Embodies US Political Culture in a Single Outburst
- State Dept. Releases Keystone XL Environmental Impact Statement
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
212.633.1405 | email@example.com
'Showdown in Chicago' Protests Against Banking Excess
WASHINGTON - October 27 - Today, thousands of Americans are gathering on the streets of Chicago to march against financial service industry excess that has cost the American taxpayers trillions of dollars, destabilized the economy and undermined the stability of millions of US households.
In response to the public outcry against excesses in the financial services industries, dubbed "The Showdown in Chicago", the following statement was issued from Heather McGhee, director of the Washingtong, DC, Office for the public policy and research center Demos:
Today's exercise of citizen democracy shows that the American people recognize who's lobbying against their financial security. In opposing or trying to weaken the regulatory reforms that would prevent another crisis, financial institutions are lobbying against safe homeownership, against secure retirement, and fundamentally, against a better financial future for our children.