The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Defenders of Wildlife
Karla Dutton, (907) 276-9453 Jessica Brand, (202) 772-0239
Haber Devoted His Life to Studying and Saving Alaska's Wolves
His death is a huge loss for scientific community and conservationists alike
WASHINGTON - October 16 - The following statement from Defenders of Wildlife President Rodger Schlickeisen is in response to the sad news of the death of wolf biologist and advocate, Gordon Haber:
"We at Defenders of Wildlife are very sad to learn of the untimely death of Gordon Haber. His life-long devotion to studying the wolves of Denali National Park established him as a leading expert on wolf behavior in Alaska's, and indeed America's, scientific community.
"Gordon's research underpinned his passionate advocacy for wolves, especially the Denali Toklat pack. His research and advocacy were instrumental in providing protection to this pack, whose members have been enjoyed by thousands of visitors to Denali National Park.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gordon's family and friends. While we know that he is no longer with us, the fruits of his life's work will continue to inform and inspire generations to come."