EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Privacy Report Card for the Obama Administration
- The National Press Club is located at 529 14th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. The event will be held in the First Amendment Lounge.
- Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. EDT. The event begins at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
- There will be a teleconference at 11 a.m. EDT for journalists unable to attend the National Press Club event. Contact Gerald Tan for details.
At the event, the results of the Privacy Report Card survey will be announced. A team of privacy experts will also discuss the administration's performance on several critical privacy issues, including consumer privacy, medical privacy, civil liberties, and cyber-security. Speakers include:
- Chip Pitts, Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Lillie Coney, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
- Susan Grant, National Consumers League
- Ed Mierzwinski, U.S. PIRG
- Michael Ostrolenk, Liberty Coalition
The Electronic Privacy Information Center
(EPIC) is the nation's leading privacy research and advocacy
organization. The Privacy Coalition is a nonpartisan coalition of
consumer, civil liberties, educational, family, library, labor, and
technology organizations, established in 1995.
Formed in 2001, the Bill of Rights Defense Committee is a national organization defending constitutional rights and civil liberties violated by “war on terror” policies. BORDC’s mission is to promote, organize, and support a diverse, effective, national grassroots movement to restore and protect civil rights and liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.