EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- Ripping Off Young America: The College-Loan Scandal
- Censorship Backfire: Surge of Interest in Zinn's 'People's History'
- Hot Century Ahead: Study Finds Onslaught of Heat Waves Now Inevitable
- Dangerous Operation at Fukushima's Reactor No. 4 Could Ignite "Atomic Chain Reaction"
- The Moral Imperative of Activism
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Institute for Public Accuracy (IPA)
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
Iraq Violence and Occupation
Hedges and Al-Arian are co-authors of the book Collateral Damage: America's War Against Iraqi Civilians. A Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, Hedges has written extensively on U.S. policy in Iraq as well as Afghanistan and other critical foreign policy issues. Al-Arian said today: "As the U.S. escalates its war in Afghanistan, let it look no further than Iraq. More than six years after we invaded and destabilized that country, the violence continues unabated, and it's always the civilians who suffer most. Given the latest violence, there are calls for U.S. troops to reverse their withdrawal from major Iraqi towns and cities. But as U.S. troops themselves have said, as long as the occupation continues, so too will these brutal attacks."