EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- 'The Gilded Age' Statistics Corporations Don't Want Workers, or Anyone, to See
- As Death Toll Rises Beyond 500, Garment Factory Disaster 'Worst in World History'
- Report: Toxic Chemicals Found in Thousands of Children's Products
- Pregnant Anti-War Soldier Sent to Prison
- The Sick Madness of Tom Friedman's Culture
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CREW Provides Information on Senator Ensign Payments
On June 24th, CREW filed a complaint asking the FEC to investigate whether Sen. Ensign’s campaign committee and leadership PAC had failed to report in-kind contributions made to them by the senator when Cynthia Hampton was paid severance after being terminated from her positions with both committees. New information released by Sen. Ensign suggests the senator’s parents, Michael and Sharon Ensign, may have paid Ms. Hampton severance, each providing her with checks for $12,000. Such payments would exceed the contribution limits for campaign committees ($2,400 per election) and PACS ($5,000 per year). In addition, neither the campaign committee nor the PAC reported receiving any in-kind contributions from either of Sen. Ensign’s parents.
Read CREW's supplementary letter to the FEC in the Related Documents section on the right.