EMAIL SIGN UP!
The press releases posted here have been submitted by
For further information or to comment on this press release, please contact the organization directly.
Most Popular This Week
- 8 Ways Privatization Has Failed America
- 'Eminent Domain for the People' Leaves Wall Street Furious
- Revealed: EPA Fracking Study Rebukes Agency's Own Safety Claims
- Massive Toxic Black Cloud, Brought To You by the Koch Bros, Blows Over Detroit
- Is NSA Secretly Feeding Spy Intel to Police for Petty Crimes?
Today's Top News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Communications: (202) 898-0792
Brady Campaign President Responds to NRA Opposition to Judge Sonia Sotomayor
WASHINGTON - July 16 - Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, released the following statement:
"Judge Sonia Sotomayor has given clear and responsible answers concerning the Second Amendment to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, while not pre-judging any issues that may come before her on the Supreme Court. We were impressed with her presentation. The National Rifle Association, in opposing her, is showing its true colors.
"The NRA's statement opposing Judge Sotomayor represents a shameful misrepresentation of her testimony as well as the law. The NRA, instead, wants activist Supreme Court Justices who would support their ‘any gun, anywhere, anytime' ideology. The U.S. Senate must take a stand against gun lobby extremism and confirm this superb nominee to the Supreme Court."